Bankruptcy 101 - Essentials of Bankruptcy for Creditors and Debtors Featured Event
Sponsored by the Bankruptcy Law Section
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
8:30 am - 12:45 pm
Early Bird Discount Prior To: Thursday, September 19, 2019
Registration Deadline:Wednesday, September 25, 2019
General Credits: 4.00
Ethics Credits: 0.00
Bruce Moore, Landye Bennett Blumstein LLP
- Summary of differences between Chapter 7, 11, 13, and 12
- When to advise your client to seek bankruptcy counsel
- How to read the schedules and statements and what they mean
- When is there a trustee and what is the role of the trustee
- The first meeting of creditors. When is telephonic participation allowed
- What is a reaffirmation agreement
- Resource information: link to the local bankruptcy court website.
- The automatic stay: what does it mean and who does it protect.
- What are exemptions; federal versus state exemptions.
- Relief from stay, the mechanics.
- Filing of a proof of claim and the importance of the same.
- The means test (Chapter 7 not always an option)
- What happens in a Chapter 13 (lender beware, Chapter 13 pitfalls)
- Non-discharge actions
Ticketed Events and Options
I will be attending the CLE IN-PERSON and would also like to purchase access to the VOD for $25
The VOD will be added to your member dashboard approximately 10 working days after the CLE has taken place.
|Jennifer Holland||Law Offices of Jennifer Holland|
|Thomas Buford||Bush Kornfeld LLP|
|Austin Barron||Step Two Law|
|Michelle Boutin||Landye Bennett Blumstein, LLP|
|Benjamin Ellison||Salish Sea Legal PLLC|
|Nacole Jipping||Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 Trustee|
|Gregory Garvin||Acting United States Trustee Region 18 (Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington)|
|Kathryn Perkins||Office of the United States Trustee|
|Bruce Moore||Landye Bennett Blumstein, LLP|
Fireweed Business Center at CIRI
725 E Fireweed Lane
Anchorage, AK 99503
Alaska Bar Association | 840 K Street, Suite 100, Anchorage, AK 99501 | Ph.: 907-272-7469 | Fax: 907-272-2932
© 2001- Alaska Bar Association. All Rights Reserved.